Sometimes you don’t like that someone mentions you or tags you in their comments, it maybe you don’t want to get tagged in posts, images and maybe sometimes you just don’t like the comment and you want to untag yourself from Facebook comment.
After reading this tutorial you will be able to remove the comment tag or your mention name from any comment that you are mentioned and tagged in.
Untag Yourself from Facebook Comment
Follow these simple steps:
- First, check your Facebook notification for comment tag or mention.
- Click on the notification and you will be there in the post where you have been tagged in a Facebook comment.
- Click on the three dot icon on the right side of the comment.
- Select the ‘Find Support or Report Comment‘ option.
- A report comment popup will be open and you have to select a reason for the report comment.
- After select option, click on send.
- Then you will find below the ‘Remove Tag‘ option, click on that and confirm.
- Click Done.
That’s it, you are done, now if you check the comment, you will see that there is only your name showing in the comment which is a plain text means that has no link of your profile and this tells that you have successfully untagged yourself from a Facebook comment.
For those of you who may ask for doing it in Mobile then the steps are the same for both Desktop and Mobile, in both you can follow the same above steps to remove the comment tag.
Thanks for reading, hope it helps.